Visit the US Department of Justice
National Institute of Corrections
Corrections Community

A place where all corrections professionals can interact and collaborate.

You are not signed in! To post comments and participate in discussions you need to sign in or create a free account.

Inmate manipulation training w/video

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 14 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 128
mcase5 posted on Tue, Dec 6 2011 4:59 PM

Hi everyone - My name is Sgt. M Case and I am looking for Inmate manipulation training w/video for a presentation that I have to give at a conference that I will be attending in May 2012.  It should be material that I can deliver to civilian staff and teachers.

Thank-you for your help in advance.

Sgt. M. Case - Wyoming county jail Warsaw, NY 14569

All Replies

Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 227

How long of a presentation are you looking at doing?  I've got a lesson plan that I've been developing that I received from another agency and have been altering to fit what I need.  You are welcome to a copy to do what you please with.  i do not have a video to go with it currently.  Our agency has tended to default to the Lockup USA videos.

Feel free to email me if you're interested

sbaumgar@nd.gov

Stewart Baumgartner, Trg Dir

ND DOCR ~ JRCC

Not Ranked
Points 128
mcase5 replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:56 PM

The program has to be about 1hr and 15 min.  but i can tailor it to fit my purpose.  Can you e mail it to me so i can take a look at it?

Not Ranked
Points 128
mcase5 replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:57 PM

mcase5@frontiernet.net

Top 50 Contributor
Level 4 MVP
Points 2,028

Mr. Baumgartner,

I am always interested in comparing core lesson plans for all staff and security personnel.  I would look forward to seeing your content as well as be happy to share the same.  I don't get to the community forums as much as I once did because of increasing span of responsibilities with fewer staff.

Historically training in Louisiana has been greatly decentralized.  With that comes many morphed iterations of training topics.  I am trying to gradually pull content together for standardization with the ability for each unit to include facility specific requirements.

My email is rjkrieg@corrections.state.la.us

Robert Krieg Training Director Louisiana Department of Corrections

Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 227

Sent the files out as requested.  Hope they are useful.  If you have any problems opening them let me know and we'll see what we can work out for a different format. 

Top 75 Contributor
Level 3 MVP
Points 720

I am interested in receiving this information as well.   daxland@pottcosheriff.com

Deanna Axland

Not Ranked
Points 5

I would also appreciate a copy of your training files. I will be facilitating my agency's annual refresher training and am looking for some fresh material, it is hard to keep the Staff interested in the same information they have seen year in year out. My e-mail is bop23574@bop.gov.

If anyone has training videos discussing basic correctional techniques: inmate/Officer interaction, shakedowns, pat searches, Use of Force, Contraband prevention, etc. I would be interested. I am trying to revamp our yearly training.

Thank you

Heather

Top 500 Contributor
Level 1 MVP
Points 274
I would be interested in the lesson plan as well. My e-mail is mluitjens@co.scott.mn.us Thank you! Matt
Matt Luitjens
Training Officer
Scott County Jail
Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 227

Sent out the working forms I had for you.  Once you have a chance to review them if you have some suggestions on how to improve the class please email them to me.  I am always open to suggestions to improve the program. 

Stewart Baumgartner

Director of Training

ND DOCR, James River Correctional Center

sbaumgar@nd.gov

replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:02 AM

I would like a copy of the training as well.

Thanks

sutton.angela@mail.dc.state.fl.us

Top 500 Contributor
Level 2 MVP
Points 387
I am interested in receiving the course material as well.
Jeworski Mallett, MBA, CSM
Support Operations Director/Interim-Training Director
Mississippi Department of Corrections
723 North President Street
Jackson MS 39202
601-359-5288 office
601-359-5776 fax
jmallett@mdoc.state.ms.us
Top 500 Contributor
Level 2 MVP
Points 387
Jeworski Mallett, MBA, CSM
Support Operations Director/Interim-Training Director
Mississippi Department of Corrections
723 North President Street
Jackson MS 39202
601-359-5288 office
601-359-5776 fax
Top 100 Contributor
Level 3 MVP
Points 684

I would like a copy of the training as well.  I will share it with the PREA national workgroup and see what anyone in the group has as training.  If there is something different, I will post it

prea.coordinator@oya.state.or.us

Not Ranked
Points 5
tpteam6 replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:08 AM

great idea. im also interested in it.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS