Visit the US Department of Justice
National Institute of Corrections
Corrections Community

A place where all corrections professionals can interact and collaborate.

You are not signed in! To post comments and participate in discussions you need to sign in or create a free account.

Thinking for a Change Certified Facilitator (T4C-FT) credential now available!

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Level 5 MVP
Points 84,868
Billy Posted: Thu, Jan 27 2011 3:47 PM

You've been asking for and waiting for it and it's finally here!  Be one of the first applicants and you are guaranteed provisional certification as a T4C-CF. Read more and share this with anyone you think might be interested this opportunity: http://nicic.gov/T4CCF

Billy Mathews, Webmaster
National Institute of Corrections
Information Center

Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 181

Good Morning:

I think this is a wonderful idea.  I do have a few questions.  The first deals with the need for 30 hours of continuing education.  I was looking at the criteria for meeting the 30 hours.  Will there be overlap between other credentials?  Licensed Social Workers requiring 30 hours and Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor requiring 40 hours, having an additional 30 hours may be difficult.  Also, will there be a certain designation for the trainings like other licensures (ie. RCH, CEU).

Jeffrey S Keith, LSW

Top 25 Contributor
Level 5 MVP
Points 2,451
NICStaff

Hello Community!

Please contact CCE directly if you have questions such as these related to the newly available T4C credential at cce@cce-global.org .

Here is their reply to Jeff's question:

It is likely that continuing education credits completed for social work and chemical dependency credentialing could also be used to fulfill the continuing education requirement for the T4C-CF. CCE has no objection to a credential holder using continuing education for the T4C-CF that is also used for another credential, as long as it meets the T4C-CF criteria for continuing education.  The designation for continuing education credit for this credential is the clock hour, which means a regular hour on the clock. For instance, if you attend a 5 hour workshop, you will receive 5 hours of credit for the workshop. Please contact cce@cce-global.org if you have other questions about the credentialing or recertification requirements for the T4C-CF.

Leslie LeMaster / NIC Academy Division "We must become the change we want to see." - Mahatma Gandhi

replied on Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:24 AM

Jeff,

As far as the T4CCF credential goes, I am sure that the continuing education reguirement can be duplicated.  By this I mean, a person can use a continuing education requirement they earned perhaps for another credential and now can also apply it to the T4CCF as well.  Also, know that the breadth of possible continuing education for the T4CCF is also pretty broad....so, many continuing education experiences will qualify.

Hope this helps,

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS