Visit the US Department of Justice
National Institute of Corrections
Corrections Community

A place where all corrections professionals can interact and collaborate.

You are not signed in! To post comments and participate in discussions you need to sign in or create a free account.

Inmate Manipulation

This post has 73 Replies | 56 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 27
Erin, I have been looking for a copy of that article for a couple months. Is there anyway I could get you to send me a copy?
Not Ranked
Points 32
Hello, I know this in am old threat but is anyone still checking it? I have just started teaching inmate manipulation to law wnforcement (the class is on right now) and am interested in any info you all have!
Top 500 Contributor
Level 1 MVP
Points 881
I have a power point that I use. You are welcomre to utilize anything you feel you might want. email me at jocotton@nd.gov and I'll send you a copy.
Top 200 Contributor
Level 2 MVP
Points 490

Charles, I have attached a copy here for you.  Also, we bought "The Art of the Con" recently and that's a great resource as well.  Let me know if I can help in any other way!

Erin Riley

Training Coordinator

Bernalillo County
Metropolitan Detention Center

E: eeriley@bernco.gov

Not Ranked
Points 32
Thanks so much to you both! I will read through everything in the am! Just home from teaching the class.
replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:20 PM

Erin. This is a great article. Can you also help me find a local reliable plumber that is my other problem?

Top 200 Contributor
Level 2 MVP
Points 490
Erin Riley replied on Wed, Mar 31 2010 12:18 AM

Sorry, that's like finding the Holy Grail or at the very least Big Foot.  Good luck with that though!

Erin Riley

Training Coordinator

Bernalillo County
Metropolitan Detention Center

E: eeriley@bernco.gov

Not Ranked
Points 32
Thanks so much for the article and presentation. They are both great and I will be able to use them tonight in class. I may be getting too old for 15 work hour days! haha
Not Ranked
Points 105
I work for the Minnesota Department of Corrections as a Detention Facility Inspector. I have a dvd of an inmate interview that I did in 2007. It is an offender who has successfully set-up staff in 3 different states. He goes through the steps of who he targets, and why. I can mail you a copy if you would like. I also have a powerpoint presentation that works well with this video interview. My training usually takes about 1 1/2- 2 hours. The dvd is 30 minutes long. greg.croucher@state.mn.us
Not Ranked
Points 37
bula9723 replied on Mon, Apr 26 2010 12:57 PM
Yes please send me anything you have on this subject it sounds very interesting Thank You
Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 162
gonzalez replied on Mon, Apr 26 2010 9:11 PM

Greg Can you send me the Video and the power point too?, I would love to use this in a class for people that volunteer in our prisons. thanks. my email is  Luis.Gonzalez@cdcr.ca.gov

Not Ranked
Points 27
The DVD sounds exactly what I am looking for! I would appreciate anythying you could send me in regards to inmate manipulation. armorysgt@hotmail.com
Not Ranked
Points 105
Thank-you everyone for you interest in the DVD that I made for avoiding inmate set-ups training. I have had over 30 requests for DVD's in the last couple of days. Because of budgets being what they are these days I am not able to burn that many dvd's and mail them out. However, I am working with our IT dept. to get this video linked to our website. When this is done outside agencies can access the site and download it for themselves. Best solution that I could find to keep costs down. Everyone that e-mailed me so far, I will e-mail you back when this is done with a link, and password to access the video.
Not Ranked
Points 10
I am very interested in recieveing the DVD to Inmate Con Games...I work in the training department in Maryland's Divison of Correction and would love to have this DVD for training.
Not Ranked
Points 105
I found an even better solution for everyone that wants a copy of the inmate manipulation dvd that I made. I gave a copy to the N.I.C. library two weeks ago. They now have it in their library and will burn a dvd and send it out to you. Please contact Tom Reid in the N.I.C. library so he can confirm that you work in law enforcement and he can send you a copy. Thanks for your patience, and I will be interested in any feedback that you have once you view it. Thanks again, Greg Croucher
Not Ranked
Points 22
Patkay replied on Wed, Jun 30 2010 3:04 PM
Where can I find a copy of this book? Thanks
replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:19 PM
Just read your book (Common Sense Do Not Play The Game With An Inmate, by CC Fann) and referred to it during a recent training. I read the entire book in 50 minutes and it was an easdy read. Thanks for sharing with us your vast knowledge and the down to earth way in which you conveyed the message.
replied on Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:54 PM
The book Common Sense - Do Not Play The Game With An Inmate!!!, C.C. Fann JABS Publication 2009... I am trying to locate the website for you just give me a day or two. Hope this helps...I reasd the book in 50 minutes, it's an easy read and it is a paperback book.
replied on Wed, Jul 7 2010 6:43 AM
The book Common Sense - Do Not Play The Game With An Inmate!!!, C.C. Fann JABS Publication 2009... the website is jabspub@yahoo.com
Not Ranked
Points 54
hicorder replied on Thu, Jul 29 2010 2:47 PM
Am interested in the material
Page 2 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS