Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Welcome to Your Forum!

Submitted by Glenn Watson on Thu, 09/02/2021 - 10:01

Member for

3 months 2 weeks

Welcome to the forum everyone!  Just a couple of quick notes before we turn you loose.

1.  Please help me to encourage everyone to maximize the use of this forum for its intended purpose.  It can be of tremendous benefit to everyone as a one-stop repository for topics, comments, questions, announcements, surveys, etc.

2.  Look out for a survey that will be posted in the near future by Beth Kreger.  It will contain questions about the upcoming virtual Network meeting in October!

3.  The Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Notification function of the forum is temporarily under repair, however, please still click the grey subscription buttons so that you can begin receiving notifications. I would encourage you to simply log in to the forum to check for new posts over the next couple of days to make sure you're not missing anything. I will post a notification as soon as that function is available so you can start receiving forum notifications.

4.  Speaking of which...  We are one of the first private networks to go live with the new forum format.  I would ask that if you run into a login problem, bug, functional issue, error, or any other kind of paranormal activity, please notify Rex or Elizabeth at the Information Center by contacting them at Rex@NICIC.gov or Elizabeth@nicic.gov or go to the top of our forum homepage, select User Tools/ Contact NIC (general), and submit a comment to them there.

5.  Please post a comment under this topic thread to let us know that you are connected and how psyched you are about the new forum!

Thanks and happy networking!

Glenn

Submitted by Kirstie Willard on Thu, 09/02/2021 - 11:09

Member for

1 week 3 days

Good afternoon! So glad to have the new forum up and running. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Submitted by Isaiah Dennard on Fri, 09/03/2021 - 05:29

Member for

1 week 3 days

Glenn,

This is a great forum for information sharing amongst the states.

Thanks,

Isaiah Dennard, Florida Sheriffs Association

Submitted by Wendy Wisneski on Fri, 09/03/2021 - 08:05

Member for

2 weeks 1 day

Just got connected.  Looking forward to all the great ideas!

Wendy Wisneski

Texas Commission on Jail Standards

Submitted by elizabethzoby@… on Fri, 09/03/2021 - 09:01

Member for

5 months 1 week

I am glad so many people are enjoying the forum! I hope you all get a lot of use out of it.

Have great weekend!

Elizabeth

Submitted by Beth Kreger TRP on Fri, 09/03/2021 - 09:05

Member for

2 months 2 weeks

Good morning and Happy Friday!!

I am really excited the forum is up and running.  As a part of the Jail Inspector Initiative, we are updating the Chief Inspector database.  Based on feedback from the first survey, a small workgroup has been put together to design the updated database.  We will be asking for your feedback over the next couple of weeks.  Links to surveys will be posted on the forum.

The first survey link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DYXXV59.  Please copy and paste the link into your browser.  Please reach out, via a comment on this thread, if you have any questions or issues with the survey.  I look forward to your feedback.  Please complete by September 10, 2021.

Have a great holiday weekend.