Visit the US Department of Justice
National Institute of Corrections
Corrections Community

A place where all corrections professionals can interact and collaborate.

You are not signed in! To post comments and participate in discussions you need to sign in or create a free account.

Correction Instructor trainer courses

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 9 Followers

Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 405
Brian Kelley Posted: Fri, Jan 29 2010 4:42 PM
Looking for any kind of corrections releated instructor courses that would deal with cell extractions and cell entries. Does any one know of any and if so where are they located. I meet a corrections officer from Canada that ask us if we know of any. Thanks
Top 75 Contributor
Level 3 MVP
Points 2,301
Ed Yahnig replied on Sun, Jan 31 2010 7:01 PM
Missouri DOC has a class on cell extraction. It includes the use of a NOVA stun shield which requires a certification from NOVA.
Top 75 Contributor
Level 3 MVP
Points 720

Also, I got a  fax from Pearson-Radli & Associates and Connor(?)Associates.  I haven't dealt with either of these consulting/training firms, but their faxes should Corrections & Jail specific training.

Deanna Axland

Top 500 Contributor
Level 1 MVP
Points 279
I work at a juvenile detention facility and we utilize STARR and CLAMP programs for our use of force training.
Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 189
We have a very good course on Cell Extraction here in the State Of North Carolina. It is taught at the North Carolina Justice Academy. The lead instructor is Mark Priest, you can contact him at (910) 525-7019 or mpriest@ncdoj.gov
replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 6:14 AM

Please make your request on department letterhead and send it to me.  We have made changes in order to improve security of our training programs.

Charles Dively

MN DOC

1450 Energy Park Dr.

St. Paul, MN 55108

Not Ranked
Points 10
cmdrtim replied on Sun, May 2 2010 7:38 PM
We host an annual SERT School that deals with all of this and more. Check out out web site www.azjails.org in about30 dyas it should be posted. The cost is $275.00 for 40 plus hours
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS