Visit the US Department of Justice
National Institute of Corrections
Corrections Community

A place where all corrections professionals can interact and collaborate.

You are not signed in! To post comments and participate in discussions you need to sign in or create a free account.

Pro-Straint Chair

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 94
Jason Dembowski posted on Tue, Jun 14 2011 7:54 AM
Good Day all, I am requesting that anyone who has any training material for the AEDEC International Pro-Straint Chair to please send me a copy. I have recently purchased 2 of these chairs and need to create a training module for it's use. I reached out to the manufacture and they do not have any recommended instructions on how to use this chair. I do know this chair is pretty self explanatory but my department heads require a formalized training component to implement it's use. Thanks to all. Lieutenant Jason Dembowski HCDOC, Special Operations Group.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 100 Contributor
Level 3 MVP
Points 684
Verified by Jason Dembowski

I have forwarded your request to Oregon Department of Corrections/Garrey Russell and Linn/Benton Detention in Albany, Oregon.   They both use the restraint chair and I know they train their emnployees on it.  If they email me back, I will post their response, or you can email me with your email and I will pass it on to them.  Prea.coordinator@oya.state.or.us

Not Ranked
Points 69

We ran into this same situation in Vermont.  AEDEC international just says to use it in accordance with your department’s policies.

The lesson plans that we ended developing are available in the shared files section of  NIC corrections community. Its was named: RC Training.

Here is the link: http://community.nicic.gov/media/p/3221.aspx

Let me know if it is useful,

Ross T. Farnsworth
AHS Training Coordinator
Agency of Human Services
Vermont Department of Corrections
802-885-9736 103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT 05671-1001

Not Ranked
Points 94
Thank you for a quick response. My email is jdembowski@hcnj.us
Not Ranked
Points 94
This was very helpful. Thank you for your help.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS