Visit the US Department of Justice
National Institute of Corrections
Corrections Community

A place where all corrections professionals can interact and collaborate.

You are not signed in! To post comments and participate in discussions you need to sign in or create a free account.

Juvenile career assessment/job readiness/social skills curriculums

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 44
wendy Posted: Tue, Jan 29 2008 3:01 PM

Does anyone know of a good career assessment tool for incarcerated juveniles?  I am looking for a good curriculum to teach job skills, social skills and connect youth to the community when released.

Not Ranked
Points 90
kwesi37 replied on Thu, Dec 11 2008 2:37 PM
We are present working on: The comphrensive guide to teaching social, transitional, and independent Living skills to youth and young adults The guide will be in print 3/2009. it take a detail look at ex-offenders and the need for STIL skills. Keep in touch and I will get you a copy as soon as published. R. A. Brown M.S
Not Ranked
Points 44
wendy replied on Tue, Dec 16 2008 7:37 AM
Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you! Wendy
Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 169

If this is completed I would love to get a copy of it. Thanks so much.

Heidi

Heidi Pihl-Buckley
Top 500 Contributor
Level 1 MVP
Points 143
Jon G. replied on Wed, Mar 25 2009 11:34 AM
If this guide has been completed I would love to have a copy. Thanks,.
Not Ranked
Points 5
I was wondering if the guide has been competed. I would also love a copy of it. or Can I send for it? Please let me know. Thank You
Top 100 Contributor
Level 3 MVP
Points 684
Kila Jager replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 11:00 AM

I would like a copy of this also.  It looks like it may have been complete a while ago.  Please email me at macilla.jager@oya.state.or.us

Not Ranked
Level 1 MVP
Points 145
cj06eagle replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 12:32 PM

I would also like a copy if possible. chughes@co.wood.oh.us  Thanks!

replied on Thu, Jun 16 2011 12:08 PM

Hi Wendy; I'm a career counselor at Hackensack High School in New Jersey for the past 14 years..

I would recommend the SDS Self-Directoed Search Form R Forth Edditon by John L Holland. 1 800 331 8378

www.parinc.com

You can order the ASSESSMENT Booklet and the OCCUPATIONAL FINDER....

There are many tools to use ~ to prepare the incarcerated for work and careers. The trick is to connect them to corporations, community and businesses who are willing to hire them.  I'm reading Michelle Alexanders book The New Jim Crow in the Age of Colorblindness ~ good read

l.kelly@hackensackschools.org  

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS