Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Introduction

Submitted by Steve Gilbert on

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Steven Gilbert.  I'm the Major over Training at Louisville Metro Department of Correction.  My agency public website link is www.louisvilleky.gov/corrections.  I believe we can create a cutting-edge learning and performance forum by sharing with each other how our different agencies implement's ways to utilize new tools to deliver training such as A.I. (which is something my city government is in the beginning stages of introducing).  We can also discuss success in Programs provided to our populations and staff, as well as ways to recruit and retain staff.  

I think this network will be extremely beneficial to everybody and thank you Jim for spearheading it.  I look forward to hearing and meeting everyone.  Thanks again. 

Major S. Gilbert

Comments

Submitted by sbaumgar9 on Fri, 08/16/2024 - 05:53

Hi Steven!  I appreciate you kicking off the introductions.  I'm Stewart Baumgartner and I'm a recently appointed National Programs Advisor with NIC.  I retired from the North Dakota DOCR and was honored to be part of the Training Administrators Network in my training capacity there; now I get to participate in another way.  I would love to see this community of practice flourish as we find ways to build capacity in the professional development of the people we serve.  Look forward to hearing more from you!

Stewart